This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9013 / 51°54'4"N
Longitude: -1.9486 / 1°56'54"W
OS Eastings: 403634
OS Northings: 222534
OS Grid: SP036225
Mapcode National: GBR 3NN.L6G
Mapcode Global: VHB1S.5GQS
Entry Name: Surround to Supplementary Village Conduit Head
Listing Date: 11 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089332
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129163
Location: Sevenhampton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Sevenhampton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Sevenhampton with Charlton Abbots
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 02 SW SEVENHAMPTON BROCKHAMPTON
2/62 Surround to supplementary village
Surround to supplementary village conduit head. Limestone.
Large, dressed rectangular limestone block set into wall right of
East Lodge, on corner immediately north-west of The Dower House
(q.v.). Mid-late C19. Carved lion's head spout with inscription
in capitals above -'THOSE OCCUPYING HOUSES BUILT PRIOR TO 1835 ARE
WELCOME TO USE THE WATER SUPPLY FOR DOMESTIC, COOKING AND DRINKING
PURPOSES ONLY DURING THE PLEASURE OF THE OWNER OF BROCKHAMPTON PARK
OR HIS REPRESENTATIVES.' Inscription below lion's head spout -'THIS
SUPPLY HAS BEEN PLACED HERE ONLY TO AUGMENT PRESENT SUPPLIES AND
MAY BE DISCONTINUED AT ANY TIME SHOULD CIRCUMSTANCES DEMAND IT.'
Listing NGR: SP0363422534
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings