This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8765 / 51°52'35"N
Longitude: -1.8139 / 1°48'50"W
OS Eastings: 412904
OS Northings: 219791
OS Grid: SP129197
Mapcode National: GBR 4QJ.B77
Mapcode Global: VHB21.H3X8
Entry Name: Grove Farmhouse
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 18 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089878
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130011
Location: Cold Aston, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Cold Aston
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Cold Aston St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
COLD ASTON alias MAIN STREET
SP 11 NW
ASTON BLANK (north side)
6/13 Grove Farmhouse
(formerly listed as Grove Farmhouse
with Barn and Cartshed)
Former farmhouse, now house. Late C18, altered mid C19. Coursed
squared and dressed limestone, left gable end incised render.
Stone slate roof on front roof pitch,concrete tile and artificial
stone slate at rear of main body and on outbuildings. Rectangular
main body with outbuildings attached rear right. C20 flat-roofed
extension at rear of main body, not of special interest. Main
body; 2 storeys and attic lit by four 2-light roof dormers each
with 2-light wood casements. Four-windowed facade mostly 3-light
wooden casements within segmental-headed surrounds. Two 4-light
canted bays with horizontal glazing bars left. C20 glazed door
between bays. Three-light casements above each bay. Access via
C20 flat-roofed extension at rear. Gable end and axial stacks.
Two stacks with moulded cappings. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP1289419807
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings