This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9018 / 51°54'6"N
Longitude: -1.7604 / 1°45'37"W
OS Eastings: 416578
OS Northings: 222616
OS Grid: SP165226
Mapcode National: GBR 4Q6.RQR
Mapcode Global: VHB1W.FGPD
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089920
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129907
Location: Lower Slaughter, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Lower Slaughter
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Lower Slaughter St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 1622 LOWER SAUGHTER Church of St Mary
1867 retaining C13 arcade. By Benjamin Ferrey for Charles Shapland Whitmore. Coursed square rubble with Cotswold stone roof. Nave, north aisle, chancel, aisle, chapel and west tower. Early English and Decorated styles except the restored north arcade which has 3 cylindrical piers with scalloped capitals and pointed chamfered arches: late C12 or early C13 Transitional Norman. Almost all the fittings are Victorian or modern with little interest except one window by Clayton & Bell 1867, the 2-stage tower has diagonal buttresses and a broad spire behind parapets pierced by trefoils. Tub font. C13 piscina in chancel. Early C20 alabaster reredos. Ledgers, C19 brasses and glass to Whitmore family.
Listing NGR: SP1657822616
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings