This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7062 / 51°42'22"N
Longitude: -2.186 / 2°11'9"W
OS Eastings: 387243
OS Northings: 200842
OS Grid: SO872008
Mapcode National: GBR 1N0.S6B
Mapcode Global: VH955.2C6W
Entry Name: Group of 3 Mainly Peach Family Monuments in the Churchyard Approximately 18m North of North Transept to Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 24 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1091120
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132987
Location: Minchinhampton, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6
Civil Parish: Minchinhampton
Built-Up Area: Minchinhampton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Minchinhampton with Box
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 8600-8700 MINCHINHAMPTON BELL LANE, Minchinhampton town
19/194 Group of 3 mainly Peach family
monuments in the churchyard approx-
imately 18m north of north transept
to Church of the Holy Trinity
Obelisk, pedestal tomb and chest tomb. Early C18-early C19.
Granite obelisk with slate panels; limestone. Group comprises:
short obelisk on square pedestal with plain recessed inscription
panel to each face. Stands on moulded plinth within surround,
formerly railed. One panel now badly damaged, inscribed to -----
PEACH, died 1832, erected in 'WARMEST AFFECTION, VENERATION AND
ESTEEM BY CHARLES HIS YOUNGEST BROTHER'. Tall rectangular pedestal
tomb has plain grey slate panels, south end having fine trophy.
Cornice moulded top with gadrooned domical coping, high moulded
plinth. Inscriptions appear later C18 or C19 restorations: to
JOHN PEACH, died 1736, on east side, to SAMUEL PEACH of Dunkirk
House, died -----, to west. Early C18 chest tomb with bolection
moulded panels and panelled corner pilasters; oval end panels and
to centre of sides. Later inscription to east end to REVD JAMES
BRADLEY D.D. 1693-1762, Astronomer Royal 1742-1762, this originally
having brass plate now located in church (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SO8724300842
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings