This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9991 / 51°59'56"N
Longitude: -2.1062 / 2°6'22"W
OS Eastings: 392802
OS Northings: 233410
OS Grid: SO928334
Mapcode National: GBR 2KY.NB4
Mapcode Global: VH93V.F0WT
Entry Name: The Rectory
Listing Date: 25 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1091918
English Heritage Legacy ID: 134415
Location: Ashchurch Rural, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Ashchurch Rural
Built-Up Area: Tewkesbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Ashchurch St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 93 SW ASHCHURCH ASHCHURCH VILLAGE
4/12 The Rectory
Rectory. Mid C19. Red brick with concrete tile roof with brick
stacks. Later extension at rear rendered with slate roof.
Rectangular main body with later extensions at rear. Two storeys.
Three-windowed garden front with two-storey canted bay at centre.
Wooden cross-mullioned windows and single-light casements to ground
floor. Single light, two and three-light wood-mullioned casements
to first floor. Windows to canted bay with flat-chamfered dressed
stone surround. Flat-chamfered string continued across facade
below sill of upper floor windows. All casements with glazing
bars. Stopped hoods over windows either side of canted bay.
Access via flat-roofed porch projecting from left gable end of main
body. Double doors within a high 'Tudor'-arched surround with
enriched spandrels. Small angle buttresses at corners of porch.
Cusped barge boarding. Axial stacks, some with octagonal chimney
pots. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SO9280233410
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings