This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1685 / 51°10'6"N
Longitude: -1.3508 / 1°21'2"W
OS Eastings: 445485
OS Northings: 141228
OS Grid: SU454412
Mapcode National: GBR 84N.MBD
Mapcode Global: VHD0H.JWRM
Entry Name: Church of St Michael
Listing Date: 20 December 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1093440
English Heritage Legacy ID: 139571
Location: Bullington, Test Valley, Hampshire, SO21
District: Test Valley
Civil Parish: Bullington
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Barton Stacey All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 44 SE BULLINGTON LOWER BULLINGTON
Church of St. Michael
Parish church. Late C12, early C13, early C19, and restoration of 1871.
Single cell, of Norman nave and a chancel of circa 1220, with a western tower
of the third period; a north vestry, south porch, and some restoration details
are of 1871. Flint walls with stone-dressings; 2 small Norman windows at the
west end of the nave, a lancet on the southside of the chancel and a Norman
doorway (blocked) on the north side; the restoration work includes triple lancets
at the east end, 2 small 'Perpendicular' windows at the south side of the nave,
a priest's door, and windows and door of the vestry. The tower is of red
brickwork with flint panels, corner flat buttresses, the top of the brickwork
finishing as a dentil eaves to the pyramid roof; small 'Geometrical' belfry
windows, and a larger west window. Single tiled roof, extending over the
outshots (vestry and heating chamber) on the north side. The south porch has a
tile and gabled roof above an open timber framework, resting on a base wall.
Inside, the details are all of the last period, but there are 4 wall monuments
of the period 1800 to 1830, and a floorslab of 1727: the tower arch is a plan
semi-circle above impost bands.
Listing NGR: SP3767439287
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings