This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9466 / 50°56'47"N
Longitude: -1.4899 / 1°29'23"W
OS Eastings: 435933
OS Northings: 116474
OS Grid: SU359164
Mapcode National: GBR 75V.G5G
Mapcode Global: FRA 76RL.Z8F
Entry Name: Church of St Boniface
Listing Date: 29 May 1957
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1093670
English Heritage Legacy ID: 141137
Location: Nursling and Rownhams, Test Valley, Hampshire, SO16
District: Test Valley
Civil Parish: Nursling and Rownhams
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Nursling with Rownhams St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
NURSLING AND ROWNHAMS CHURCH LANE
SU 31 NE
7/13 Church of St Boniface
Parish church. Of Saxon origin, mainly C14, with a C13 transept, restored by G E
Street 1881. Aisless nave and chancel, south transept, south porch beneath tower.
Rubble stone walls, coupled C14 windows with Decorated tracery, west window of
three lights with Reticulated tracery and three light cusped C15 window to the
transept. Tile roof; the tower above eaves level is hung with shingles, and has
a shingled broach spire. Interior: the eastern part of the chancel is
Victorian: the remainder of the interior is plain but there are many wall
monuments of the early C19. Elizabethan pulpit, mid C19 Perpendicular octagonal
font. The transept has a western arch, half blocked by the east end of the nave
wall, and contains interesting monuments; an elaborate Jacobean/classical tomb
with male and female recumbent figures, of Richard (1613) and Maria (1622) Mille.
Opposite is a classical monument to Thomas Knollys 1751; there is a stone slab
with inset brasses to Thomas Mundy 1623, and some medieval tiles let into the wall.
On the west wall of the nave is a hatchment, and a Royal Coat of Arms of 1782 (G.R.).
Listing NGR: SU3589016436
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings