This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1449 / 51°8'41"N
Longitude: -1.1014 / 1°6'5"W
OS Eastings: 462954
OS Northings: 138793
OS Grid: SU629387
Mapcode National: GBR B80.4CT
Mapcode Global: VHD0T.VHL4
Entry Name: Garden Walls to South West and East of Wield House
Listing Date: 22 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1094081
English Heritage Legacy ID: 142051
Location: Wield, East Hampshire, Hampshire, SO24
District: East Hampshire
Civil Parish: Wield
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Wield St James
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 63 NW WIELD
THE GREEN, UPPER WIELD
6/13 Garden Walls to south west and
east of Wield House
Garden walls and remains of village Pound. Late C16 and C19. Comprises 2 lengths
of C16 brick and flint walls attached to east and west of the unlisted Wield House
reputed to have contained a C16 bowling green to the demolished C16 house, a linking
section of C19 wall to south and a further short section attached to the east
section to form a half square which was in use as the village Pound till the 1860s
or 1870s. East and west walls are of flint, partly knapped and partly squared,
about 6 feet in height with some pairs of C16 brickwork. Triangular pantiled cap.
South section is C19, slightly lower with brick backing courses. Section attached
to west wall of identical height framed the second side of a village pound.
Listing NGR: SU6294438733
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings