This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3337 / 51°20'1"N
Longitude: 1.4247 / 1°25'28"E
OS Eastings: 638651
OS Northings: 164964
OS Grid: TR386649
Mapcode National: GBR X0M.70R
Mapcode Global: VHMCW.NQ0Z
Entry Name: Eastcliff Bandstand Including Attached Dance Floor, Steps and Boundary Wall with Railing
Listing Date: 18 November 2002
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1096005
English Heritage Legacy ID: 489895
Location: Ramsgate, Thanet, Kent, CT11
Civil Parish: Ramsgate
Built-Up Area: Ramsgate
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
1413/0/10021 Eastcliff Bandstand including attached
18-NOV-02 dance floor, steps and boundary wall
Band stand wih attached dance floor and boundary walls and steps. Built in 1939. Circular structure with shallow domed roof clad in green faience tiles with ogival finial and entablature and eight Tuscan columns clad in cream faience tiles, the whole situated on a concrete plinth with four steps. The underneath of the roof retains the original circular light fittings and there was originally a moveable screen but only the metal grooves for this remain, top and bottom. On the landward side is a basement door with steps and cast iron balustrading with a design of three circles. This was probably used for the storage of band equipment. Attached to the bandstand and part of th original scheme is a rectangular concrete dance floor coloured grey, yellow and green witrh circular designs. On each side are wide shallow steps to accommodate deckchairs and the whole is bounded by a low brick wall about two to three feet high in Flemish bond, on all three sides except the landward surmounted by metal railings with horizontal bars and principals of four circles, incorporating two entrances to the landward side and two to the seaward with flights of steps.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings