This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8559 / 52°51'21"N
Longitude: -1.5166 / 1°30'59"W
OS Eastings: 432645
OS Northings: 328818
OS Grid: SK326288
Mapcode National: GBR 6FL.TNB
Mapcode Global: WHCG1.PG0Z
Entry Name: The Old School House
Listing Date: 30 June 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1096518
English Heritage Legacy ID: 82794
Location: Twyford and Stenson, South Derbyshire, Derbyshire, DE73
District: South Derbyshire
Civil Parish: Twyford and Stenson
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Barrow-on-Trent St Wilfrid
Church of England Diocese: Derby
PARISH OF TWYFORD AND STENSON WILLINGTON ROAD, TWYFORD
SK 32 NW
3/111 (North Side)
The Old School House
School, now house. 1842. Red brick with sandstone dressings.
Welsh slate roof with stone coped gables, brick gable stack and
a brick bellcote. Chamfered stone plinth. Single storey. The
east elevation has two 2-light casements in moulded stone
surrounds. Similar elevation to west. Gabled south elevation
has a blocked ogee-arched doorway flanked by ovolo moulded stone
cross windows with diamond lights. Stone shield above has the
inscription This School Room/ in connection with the/Church of
England/ was built by/ Public subscription/on a site presented
by/ Sir G Crewe Bart / AD MDCCXLII. Converted into a house in
1979 by the Derbyshire Historic Buildings Trust.
Listing NGR: SK3300028729
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings