This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.61 / 52°36'36"N
Longitude: 1.7256 / 1°43'32"E
OS Eastings: 652332
OS Northings: 307881
OS Grid: TG523078
Mapcode National: GBR YQY.C32
Mapcode Global: WHNVZ.GNYF
Entry Name: Hardys
Listing Date: 27 June 1953
Last Amended: 26 February 1998
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1096808
English Heritage Legacy ID: 468446
Location: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30
District: Great Yarmouth
Town: Great Yarmouth
Electoral Ward/Division: Central and Northgate
Built-Up Area: Great Yarmouth
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Great Yarmouth
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG5207NW CHURCH PLAIN
839-1/12/16 (South side)
(Formerly Listed as:
Public house. Late C18, extensively rebuilt and truncated in
C20 after bomb damage. Red brick with burnt headers under a
machine-tiled roof. 3-storey facade to the north; 3-window
range. C20 public house facade composed of 3 pairs of Roman
Doric columns framing windows with perpendicular and arched
glazing bars. Right and left are doorways. Three 9/9 horned
segmental sashes to the first floor, under gauged arches.
Gault brick platband at second floor. Three 6/8 first-floor
sashes. Eaves cornice with paired modillions. Gabled roof,
hipped to the west. Stack on front roof slope. East and west
return walls rebuilt C20, the former with a shaped gable. West
return has a C20 bow window to the ground floor, a C20
Venetian first-floor window and a 6/6 second-floor sash.
INTERIOR: main bar with a moulded fire surround. West bar with
a frieze of late C20 paintings depicting scenes from the life
of Lord Nelson, who is reputed to have addressed the populace
from here on 6 November 1800 after having received the freedom
of the borough.
Listing NGR: TG5233207881
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings