This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.8569 / 50°51'24"N
Longitude: -3.3253 / 3°19'31"W
OS Eastings: 306810
OS Northings: 107208
OS Grid: ST068072
Mapcode National: GBR LQ.VCCR
Mapcode Global: FRA 36XT.Y26
Plus Code: 9C2RVM4F+PV
Entry Name: Carriage House and Pigeon House in the Farmyard at Belthayes Farm
Listing Date: 27 January 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1098038
English Heritage Legacy ID: 87074
Location: Broadhembury, East Devon, Devon, EX15
Civil Parish: Broadhembury
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Broadhembury St Andrew, Apostle and Martyr
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
ST 00 NE
2/71 Carriage house and pigeon house
- in the farmyard at Belthayes Farm
Carriage house and pigeon house, formerly part of the home farm to Dulford House,
built circa 1762-1800, demolished in the 1930s. Late C18. Flemish bond handmade
brick; slate roof, hipped at ends.
Plan: Rectangular carriage house with a series of large arches, some blind, some
blocked, on each side, and one archway giving access to the yard in front of the
farmhouse. Adjoining at the south-east a pigeon-house, square on plan.
Exterior: The west elevation, facing away from the farmyard, has 5 full-height round-
headed brick arches, the centre an open archway giving access to the farmyard, the
others blind. There has been some rebuilding at the south end using machine made
brick. The east elevation, facing the farmyard, has the archway to the left, 2
blocked round-headed arches, a large square opening with paired timber doors and a
round-headed opening, lower than the others, with paired timber doors. A cupola,
formerly over the archway, has been taken down for safety reasons but survives to the
west of the carriage house. It has a lead roof, a weathervane and round-headed
timber openings. The pigeon house adjoins to the carriage house at the south-east.
It has a hipped slate roof and an oculus on the north side.
Interior: Not inspected.
Forms a group with the farmhouse and stable block.
Listing NGR: ST0681007208
Other nearby listed buildings