This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8028 / 50°48'10"N
Longitude: -2.9354 / 2°56'7"W
OS Eastings: 334178
OS Northings: 100775
OS Grid: ST341007
Mapcode National: GBR M8.YN5B
Mapcode Global: FRA 46RZ.07M
Entry Name: Wild Court
Listing Date: 8 May 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1098497
English Heritage Legacy ID: 87993
Location: Hawkchurch, East Devon, Devon, EX13
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Hawkchurch
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Hawkchurch St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST 3400 HAWKCHURCH HAWKCHURCH
8.5.67 Wild Court
Late C16, 1593 on rainwater head, possibly with earlier core. Stone rubble with
freestone dressings. Plain tile roof with moulded stone coping to gable ends.
Formerly E-shaped on plan but south-west wing has been demolished. Two storeys.
Six window range and projecting wing to right hand (north-east). Two, three and
four light ovolo moulded stone mullion windows with hood moulds. First floor in
small gables with ellaborate finials. Central two storeyed gabled porch with
similar finial and moulded four centred arch doorway with arms of Moore above in
moulded panel. The inner doorway has moulded wooden frame and studded oak door.
Parallel range at rear forming double depth plan. Rendered rear (north-west)
elevation with ovolo moulded wooden mullion window and sashes. C19 rear wing with
range of sashes.
Interior: Two contemporary ground floor panelled rooms with arcaded overmantles
bearing the Moore arms and four centred arch moulded stone chimneypieces. Staircase
with dog-gate. Panelled first floor room with moulded stone chimneypiece and
painted arcaded overmantle, with shield and console brackets supporting cornice.
C18 panelling in hall.
Probably built by Robert Moore whose initial with date 1593 are carried on a lead
Listing NGR: ST3417800775
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings