This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.2013 / 54°12'4"N
Longitude: -2.9543 / 2°57'15"W
OS Eastings: 337846
OS Northings: 478811
OS Grid: SD378788
Mapcode National: GBR 7MTV.6Q
Mapcode Global: WH83C.LNFL
Entry Name: Cavendish Arms Public House with Attached Outbuilding
Listing Date: 25 March 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1099113
English Heritage Legacy ID: 76973
Location: Lower Allithwaite, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA11
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Lower Allithwaite
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Cartmel St Mary and St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
LOWER ALLITHWAITE CAVENDISH STREET
(East side) Cartmel
8/60 Cavendish Arms Public
25.3.70 House with attached
Public House. Probably C18 with later additions. Roughcast stone with slate
roof. 2 storeys, 5 bays, the end 2 bays project and are higher. 1st 3 bays
have frieze and bracketed eaves. Windows are sashed, most with vertical glazing
bars; triple window to 3rd bay of ground floor has sashes with glazing bars.
4th and 5th bays have windows with small-paned fixed glazing with opening
lights; large entrance between has loading doors above; plate glass window to
return. 1st floor has sashed windows, with glazing bars to 4th bay.
Segmental-headed entrance has panelled pilasters, consoled flat canopy and
6-panel door; fanlight with spandrel fan motifs. Double-sided mounting block
has panel with date: 1837. Outbuilding to left has large sliding doors entrance
and loading door. Further outbuilding to left has large and small entrances.
Cross-axial stack and gable-end stacks. Rear has low gabled wings and
flat-roofed extension. Interior has some stop-chamfered beams.
Listing NGR: SD3785678829
Other nearby listed buildings