This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8113 / 51°48'40"N
Longitude: -0.5654 / 0°33'55"W
OS Eastings: 498998
OS Northings: 213489
OS Grid: SP989134
Mapcode National: GBR F4L.FWH
Mapcode Global: VHFRR.4QZV
Entry Name: Faerie Hollow
Listing Date: 2 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1100400
English Heritage Legacy ID: 157746
Location: Little Gaddesden, Dacorum, Hertfordshire, HP4
Civil Parish: Little Gaddesden
Built-Up Area: Little Gaddesden
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Little Gaddesden
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
LITTLE GADDESDEN RINGSHALL DRIVE
SP 91 SE (West side)
1/215 Faerie Hollow
House. C16 hall house, converted to 3 estate houses in C17 or early C18,
altered in C19, sold in 1920's, SE extension c.1970. Timber frame. Red
brick casing and extensions. Steep old red tile roofs. A 16 storeys
house facing W with 2 cells, end-chimney old part in middle. 3 front
gabled dormers at eaves with cusped bargeboards and 3-light lattice
leaded casements. 2 canted tiled bay windows to ground floor with a door
between. 2 tall chimneys with pairs of diagonal square shafts. 3 gabled
rear stair towers with winding stairs (N part rebuilt after a fire) and
entrance lobby between southern 2. Frame has jowled posts, cambered
tie-beams, clasped purlin roof with collar and queen-strut trusses.
Leaded lancet window to each stair turret. Axial chamfered beams to
floor and large open fireplace. Formerly known as Appletrees and
Witchcraft Bottom. A main road formerly ran along valley to W of house.
Listing NGR: SP9899813489
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings