History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Mead Farmhouse

A Grade II* Listed Building in Tidenham, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6481 / 51°38'53"N

Longitude: -2.6529 / 2°39'10"W

OS Eastings: 354920

OS Northings: 194567

OS Grid: ST549945

Mapcode National: GBR JN.77F3

Mapcode Global: VH87M.YTVY

Entry Name: Mead Farmhouse

Listing Date: 7 August 1954

Last Amended: 7 March 1988

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1100607

English Heritage Legacy ID: 354592

Location: Tidenham, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, NP16

County: Gloucestershire

District: Forest of Dean

Civil Parish: Tidenham

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Tidenham St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Chepstow

Listing Text

TIDENHAM SEDBURY LANE, Sedbury
ST 59 SW
(west side)
12/246 Mead Farmhouse (formerly
listed as Mead Hotel)
7.8.54
- II*
Farmhouse. Mid and late C18. Fine limestone ashlar, over sandstone plinth, with
plain strings, small cornice plus parapet with blind balustrade over window bays
only, rendered returns, roofs concealed, presumed slate. Three storeys and basement,
5 windowed, all good early to mid C18 glazing bar sashes, 9 over 12 over 12-pane,
and at ground floor and first floor with deep sash or blind box over heads, stone
cills; central 6-panel fielded door and transom light to segmental head; with
segmental hood on consoles, door approached by 7 steps to landing, single iron
railings swept at bottom of steps. Back is identical but windows probably of 1774
and with 4-panel flush door with flat hood. On left return wall one rain-water
head has "WW 1774' cast in, and also here a stone with inscription 'Restored 1906
WHM'. Interior has all original C18 doors, doorcases and shutters, and dog-leg
stair with turned balusters. A very comely, compact block, well preserved in detail.


Listing NGR: ST5492094567

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.