This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6649 / 51°39'53"N
Longitude: -0.4187 / 0°25'7"W
OS Eastings: 509465
OS Northings: 197418
OS Grid: TQ094974
Mapcode National: GBR 3D.M56
Mapcode Global: VHFSL.PFJ1
Entry Name: Cassiobury Court
Listing Date: 7 January 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1101108
English Heritage Legacy ID: 158212
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17
Electoral Ward/Division: Park
Built-Up Area: Watford
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Watford St Luke
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5259 RICHMOND DRIVE
TQ 09 NE 3/14
Circa 1805-15 former stables to Cassiobury Park, severely altered in conversion and
listed as last remnant of the house. Red brick 2-storey castellated range flanked
by 3-storey blocks with flat parapets. Seven window centre, one window ends.
Modern concrete lintels to centre windows, gauged brick heads survive at ends but
original hood moulds, battlements and string course have gone.
Lower range to north, battlemented with 6 modern windows. Original 4-centred arched
doorway survives and some 'arrow-slits'. Canted corner with another 4 centred
arched doorway and then large battlemented carriage entry with brick buttresses and
chamfered 4-centred archway. Interior of court wholly rebuilt.
Listing NGR: TQ0946597418
Other nearby listed buildings