This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.6905 / 51°41'25"N
Longitude: -0.5011 / 0°30'3"W
OS Eastings: 503707
OS Northings: 200141
OS Grid: TL037001
Mapcode National: GBR 00.4CK
Mapcode Global: VHFSC.8RGZ
Entry Name: Great Sarratt Hall
Listing Date: 3 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1101579
English Heritage Legacy ID: 158949
Location: Sarratt, Three Rivers, Hertfordshire, WD3
District: Three Rivers
Civil Parish: Sarratt
Built-Up Area: Sarratt
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Sarratt
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 00 SW SARRATT THE GREEN
2/304 Great Sarratt Hall
House. 1710 on datestone, largely rebuilt in early C19, extended and
altered later C19 and C20. Red brick rebuilt in yellow stock brick.
Slate hipped roof. 3 storeys. 3 window C19 front. Entrance in left bay
in C20 glazed Doric porch with a pediment. Ground floor: central blocked
entrance, to right a 16 pane sash in reveal with a gauged brick flat
arched head. First floor: 12 panes to centre with flanking 16 pane
sashes, flat arched heads. Second floor: broader 9 pane with flanking 12
pane sashes. Pilaster strips at ends. Panelled eaves soffit. Set back
slightly to sides are 1 bay wings, to right 2 storeys, to left 1 storey,
16 pane sashes with pilaster strips at ends. Left return of main block
has C18 red brick to lower 2 storeys. Extruded stack with a rebuilt cap.
Towards rear upper storey sashes have cambered heads, ground floor
canted and hipped roofed entrance outshut. Left end of 1 storey wing has
a large tripartite full length sash with a verandah on scroll headed
slender iron shafts. To rear left a 3 storey 1 bay later C19 addition
with a ground floor canted bay, upper storey sashes with cambered heads.
Right return of 2 storey wing has a C20 ground floor addition, 3 first
floor sashes and a repositioned datestone 'This Farme is to Pay ls.
yearely for tithe to the Free English Schoole at WATFORD. This
Farmehouse was Built by S.C. 1710'. Double depth hipped roof. Right end
stack on main block. Rear elevation has 1 bay of C18 brick to left, 2
storeys, cambered heads to sashes. Entrance in 2 bay re-entrant
elevation of projecting late C19 block to right. To left a 1 storey
hipped outshut to rear of 2 storey wing.
Listing NGR: TL0370700141
Other nearby listed buildings