This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.749 / 51°44'56"N
Longitude: -0.3407 / 0°20'26"W
OS Eastings: 514646
OS Northings: 206892
OS Grid: TL146068
Mapcode National: GBR H89.BPF
Mapcode Global: VHGPQ.19RK
Plus Code: 9C3XPMX5+JP
Entry Name: The Crown and Anchor
Listing Date: 27 August 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1103095
English Heritage Legacy ID: 163330
Location: St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1
Electoral Ward/Division: St Peters
Built-Up Area: St Albans
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Abbey Parish of St Albans
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
1. (East Side)
No 37 (The Crown and Anchor)
TL 1406 NE 14/108
Now incorporated with No 2 Sopwell Lane (qv).
C15 timber framed building of 2 storeys, one window. High pitched, hipped
tiled roof. Close studded timbers on 1st floor, which was jettied; but
ground floor has been brought forward flush, in brick with a reproduction
"Georgian" shop window. North return, with close studding and visible
beam ends still overhanging, is continuous with No 2, Sopwell Lane.
Dragon beam at corner (covered for protection) is abutted with very
heavy ground floor ceiling beams inside. All timbers oak. Roof tiles
replaced by machine tiles.
Listing NGR: TL1464606892
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings