This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.5417 / 50°32'30"N
Longitude: -3.8885 / 3°53'18"W
OS Eastings: 266279
OS Northings: 73033
OS Grid: SX662730
Mapcode National: GBR Q8.V8VV
Mapcode Global: FRA 27RM.LXZ
Plus Code: 9C2RG4R6+MH
Entry Name: Church of St Raphael
Listing Date: 28 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1105449
English Heritage Legacy ID: 92736
Location: Dartmoor Forest, West Devon, Devon, PL20
Civil Parish: Dartmoor Forest
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Holne St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 67 SE
16/2 Church of St Raphael
Chapel. 1868 erected by Rev H Fuller. Granite rubble walls, partly rendered.
Gable ended slate roof. Projecting lateral stack at front built of granite rubble with off-sets.
Simple rectangular plan, no division between nave and chancel.
The chapel is entered from the side opposite to the road through a porch at its
left-hand end with a 4-centred granite doorway. Two 2-light granite mullion windows to its right - the left-hand one square-headed, the other, to the chancel, has arched lights. The cart window has 3 arched lights, the central one taller.
Interior: very plain with granite fireplace and simple A-frame roof.
Listing NGR: SX6627873034
Other nearby listed buildings