This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.1894 / 51°11'21"N
Longitude: -3.9009 / 3°54'3"W
OS Eastings: 267253
OS Northings: 145067
OS Grid: SS672450
Mapcode National: GBR KY.59LC
Mapcode Global: VH4MG.BCLL
Plus Code: 9C3R53QX+PJ
Entry Name: Heddon Hall
Listing Date: 25 February 1965
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1106781
English Heritage Legacy ID: 97098
Location: Parracombe, North Devon, Devon, EX31
Civil Parish: Parracombe
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Parracombe Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SS 64 NE
CEMETRY LANE, Parracombe Heddon Hall
Former Rectory,now private house.Circa 1820-30.Stuccoed stone rubble.Hipped slate roof with deep sprocketed eaves.Lions heads to moulded cast iron gutters.Two large brick ridge stack with three pots each.Main range has three principal rooms in line to garden (south) front with principal entrance to left(west side)to axial passage and stairhall to centre rear opposite the central bow-fronted principal room.Two service wings,that to left gable-ended,that to right hipped,project at right angles from rear of main range forming three sided rear courtyard.Slightly recessed single storey ballroom with tall lateral rear stack extends from right(east)side of main range.Two storeys with cellars.Garden front symmetrical with central two-storey two-window bow.sixteen paned sashes above eight over twelve paned sashes flanking bow with twelve paned sashes on each floor.Flight of twelve stone steps to front terrace.Single storey ballroom set back slightly to right,three bays wide,the centre breaks forward with a panel in the raised blocking course,simple cornice and end pilasters;three tall French windows with glazing bars.Entrance front has symmetrical three window range of twelve paned sashes above taller twelve paned sashes flanking central semi-circular arched doorway with rusticated surround,eight panelled door with decorative fanlight,and short flight of four steps.Service range to left has two,twelve-paned sashes above C20 door to left of similar sash.All fenestration of hornless sashes appears to be original.Quoin plasters to garden and entrance front.Interior:C19 interior fittings including six panelled doors,doorcases and marble chimneypieces with reeded architraves with corner blocks containing roundels,and moulded plaster cornices to principal rooms intact throughout.Staircase has wreathed handrail and stick balusters and is lit by round-arched rear stair window.Ballroom has large marble chimneypiece to rear wall with swag and urn decoration.
Listing NGR: SS6725345067
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings