This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.742 / 51°44'31"N
Longitude: 0.3112 / 0°18'40"E
OS Eastings: 559664
OS Northings: 207342
OS Grid: TL596073
Mapcode National: GBR NHT.MJ7
Mapcode Global: VHHMJ.BGVX
Entry Name: The Bell Public House
Listing Date: 27 August 1957
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111255
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118520
Location: Willingale, Epping Forest, Essex, CM5
Civil Parish: Willingale
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Willingale St Christopher with Shellow and Berners Roding
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 50 NE WILLINGALE VILLAGE STREET,
5/118 The Bell Public House
Public house C16 and C17, timber framed and plastered and of complex plan form.
Two bay crosswing at north end, jettied to the street and with gabled peg tile
roof, all extended back by one bay at later date. Main range with low gabled
peg tile roof and to rear a parallel range with taller, half hipped, peg tile
roof. Lean-to C20 extension against north flank of wall wing adjoining tall
flank wall stack. Tiny cross wing shows evidence for former crownpost roof but
much altered in C17. Front range has jowled posts and is of 2 bays with narrow
stackbay? at south end. Rear block of 2 storeys with jowled posts, close
studding and 'V' strut roof of probable early C17. (RCHM 7).
Listing NGR: TL5966407342
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings