This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0331 / 52°1'59"N
Longitude: -0.4896 / 0°29'22"W
OS Eastings: 503707
OS Northings: 238264
OS Grid: TL037382
Mapcode National: GBR G39.H1Q
Mapcode Global: VHFQT.G5H8
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 17 July 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114420
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37314
Location: Ampthill, Central Bedfordshire, MK45
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Ampthill
Built-Up Area: Ampthill
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Ampthill
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
600/1/23 PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
TL 0338 1/23
C14-15: C14 nave, chancel, C15 aisles, west tower, south porch; interior
twice restored and reseated in C19. Brass to Sir Nicolas Harvey (attended
Queen Catherine at Ampthill Castle) 1532. Cornice marble monuments of 1672
and 1681 to Richard Nicolls of Ampthill Park who captured New Amsterdam
1664 and renamed it New York. Marble column, reputedly ancient Roman, placed
in chancel on inscribed pedestal to Second Earl of Upper Ossory (1745-1818).
Parish Church of St Andrew forms a group with Nos 24 and 26 as well as Nos 34 and 36. Little Dynevor Nos 1 to 7 (consec) (Feoffee Almshouses), Church Street.
Listing NGR: TL0370738264
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings