This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4852 / 51°29'6"N
Longitude: -0.6074 / 0°36'26"W
OS Eastings: 496793
OS Northings: 177170
OS Grid: SU967771
Mapcode National: GBR F8D.WST
Mapcode Global: VHFT8.FX8T
Plus Code: 9C3XF9PV+32
Entry Name: William IV Public House
Listing Date: 4 January 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117675
English Heritage Legacy ID: 40584
Location: Windsor and Maidenhead, SL4
County: Windsor and Maidenhead
Electoral Ward/Division: Eton and Castle
Built-Up Area: Windsor
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: New Windsor
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1. THAMES STREET
5150 (East Side) +ide)
(William IV Public House)
SU 9677 SE 1/67 4.1.50.
Corner site. Cl7 altered C18 and early C19. 2 storeys and attic. Timber framed
encased in roughcast facing. Gable end old tile roofs. The Thames Street
front has 3d small gables with a small attic casement to each and Cl8 sash
windows on lst floor. The ground floor has 3 C18 sash windows grouped to right
hand, panelled and glazed central door and 3 light window to left haul. The
upper floors oversail the ground floor. The Datchet Road front has gable end
to left hand, with central 1st floor window under dripmould. 2 storey wing
to right with 4 similar 1st floor windows. Ground floor has a panelled and glazed
door to left hand with Doric surround - one single and one 3 light window.
Moulded to both fronts at 1st floor level.
Nos 56 to58(consec) with Nos 61 and form a group.
Listing NGR: SU9679377170
Other nearby listed buildings