This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8215 / 51°49'17"N
Longitude: -0.6675 / 0°40'2"W
OS Eastings: 491938
OS Northings: 214495
OS Grid: SP919144
Mapcode National: GBR F48.L35
Mapcode Global: VHFRP.CGZZ
Entry Name: The Old Manor
Listing Date: 26 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1117849
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42080
Location: Marsworth, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP23
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Marsworth
Built-Up Area: Marsworth
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Marsworth
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 91 SW MARSWORTH CHURCH LANE
6/95 The Old Manor
House. Late C16, extended one bay to left C17-C18, slightly altered.
Timber frame with whitewashed brick infill, the ground floor partly
rebuilt in whitewashed brick. Similar plinth with some flint, partly
rendered. Old tile roof, rebuilt brick chimneys between outer bays.
3 bays to left are of 1 ½ storeys with 2-storey gabled cross wing to right.
Left bay is blank, remainder have casements with diamond leading,
mostly renewed, and heavy timber sills. Right bay and ground floor
of second bay have 3-light casements, the upper right with a C19
Tudor wooden hoodmould. Centre bays have half-hipped eaves-line dormers
with 4-light casements, the outer lights triangular. Old board door
in second bay has half-hipped timber-framed porch and flanking 2-light
casements. Later single storey extension to rear of cross wing is of
whitewashed brick. Interior: large double-sided chimney stack between
right bays; stop-chamfered spine beam in centre bays; moulded and stopped
spine beam in right bay; large wind-braces. Formerly known as Russell's
RCHM II p. 195 Mon. 3.
Listing NGR: SP9193814495
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings