This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.5277 / 54°31'39"N
Longitude: -1.8365 / 1°50'11"W
OS Eastings: 410677
OS Northings: 514727
OS Grid: NZ106147
Mapcode National: GBR HJM2.6Q
Mapcode Global: WHC5R.RGNB
Entry Name: Font, Adjacent to South Porch of Church of St. Mary
Listing Date: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1121093
English Heritage Legacy ID: 111125
Location: Whorlton, County Durham, DL12
County: County Durham
Civil Parish: Whorlton
Traditional County: Durham
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): County Durham
Church of England Parish: Barnard Castle with Whorlton
Church of England Diocese: Durham
NZ 11 SW WHORLTON THE GREEN
8/73 Font, adjacent to
south porch of
Church of St. Mary
Font. Probably late-c15, Single sandstone block. Octagonal-plan bowl and
stem. Base also octagonal in plan but with alternating long and shorter sides.
This font came from the medieval church at Whorlton which was demolished c.1848.
Listing NGR: NZ1067714727
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings