This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8037 / 51°48'13"N
Longitude: 0.5697 / 0°34'10"E
OS Eastings: 577266
OS Northings: 214797
OS Grid: TL772147
Mapcode National: GBR PJQ.T0K
Mapcode Global: VHJJQ.TXJN
Entry Name: Wall Extending Approximately 65 Metres South-West from the West Corner of All Saints Churchyard
Listing Date: 13 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1123412
English Heritage Legacy ID: 115465
Location: Terling, Braintree, Essex, CM3
Civil Parish: Terling
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Terling All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 7714 TERLING CHURCH GREEN
11/117 Wall extending approx.
65 metres south-west
from the west corner
of All Saints
Wall. C16, raised in C18/C19. Red brick in English bond and Flemish stretcher
bond, forming the boundary between Terling Green and Terling Place. Wicket gate
approx. 3 metres from NE end, and blocked gateway near middle. Height approx. 3
metres. 0.46 metre thick at base, mainly 0.33 metre thick. Brick coping
renewed. This wall is shown on an estate map by John Walker, 1597, as part of
the boundary wall of an orchard to the SE, of the mansion then held by Sir
Thomas Mildmay. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: TL7726614797
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings