This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7041 / 51°42'14"N
Longitude: 0.2463 / 0°14'46"E
OS Eastings: 555316
OS Northings: 202978
OS Grid: TL553029
Mapcode National: GBR MGZ.32V
Mapcode Global: VHHMP.7F2J
Entry Name: Wren House
Listing Date: 27 August 1952
Last Amended: 11 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1124066
English Heritage Legacy ID: 117792
Location: Ongar, Epping Forest, Essex, CM5
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Ongar
Built-Up Area: Chipping Ongar
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Chipping Ongar with Shelley
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 5502 ONGAR HIGH STREET (E side)
9/77 No 152 Wren House (formerly
27/8/52 listed as the Wren Shop)
Shop. C16 with C18 features. Timber framed and plastered with red plain tiled
roof, hipped and sprocketted to High Street and right return to Church Approach.
Projecting eaves with moulded cornice. 2 storeys. 1 front and 2 return, late
Cl8 small paned vertical sliding sash windows in moulded architraves. Ground
floor, front face with C18 small paned bow window and C20 part glazed door in
original opening. 3 pilasters with plain bases and moulded capitals, moulded
and dentilled window and door heads, plain fascia with projecting, moulded
cornice above. Door approached by 3 steps with wrought iron baluster rails.
Right return with 2 Cl8 small paned vertical sliding sash windows. Central C20,
3 board door with Cl8 surround and moulded soffit to flat canopy with brackets.
Central red brick chimney stack.
Listing NGR: TL5531602978
Other nearby listed buildings