History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0863 / 52°5'10"N

Longitude: -0.724 / 0°43'26"W

OS Eastings: 487524

OS Northings: 243877

OS Grid: SP875438

Mapcode National: GBR CZR.3RZ

Mapcode Global: VHDSV.DTLH

Entry Name: The Vicarage

Listing Date: 24 October 1950

Last Amended: 20 November 1972

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1125479

English Heritage Legacy ID: 45323

Location: Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, MK16

County: Milton Keynes

Civil Parish: Newport Pagnell

Built-Up Area: Newport Pagnell

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Newport Pagnell

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Sherington

Listing Text

HIGH STREET
1.
1446
(South Side)
No 85
(The Vicarage)
X2 1/22 24.10.50.
II
2.
C17 and later. Brick, tiled roof hipped at west, gabled at east end.
C19 stucco front. 2 storeys and dormer, 4 windows. Panelled door and
fanlight in reveal, modern surround with pilasters, open pediment.
West side brick buttresses. The C17 block has 4 rooms on each floor.
The 2 rooms on the east side are divided by the staircase, those on the
west by a large chimney. C17 staircase intact. 1st floor C17 doorway
with heavy panelled door, architrave surround and pediment. A good deal
of the early woodwork has survived. Alterations were made during the
C19 and during the C18 when the building was used as a school.

No 85 (The Vicarage) shall be amended to read :-
No 81 (The Vicarage)

------------------------------------

HIGH STREET
1.
1446
(South Side)
No 85
(The Vicarage)
X2 1/22 24.10.50.
II
2.
Cl7 and later. Brick, tiled roof hipped at west, gabled at east end.
C19 stucco front. 2 storeys and dormer, 4 windows. Panelled door and
fanlight in reveal, modern surround with pilasters, open pediment. West
side brick buttresses. The C17 block has 4 rooms on each floor. The
2 rooms on the east side are divided by the staircase, those on the west
by a large chimney. C17 staircase intact. 1st floor C17 doorway with
heavy panelled door, architrave surround and pediment. A good deal of
the early woodwork has survived. Alterations were made during the Cl9
and during the C18 when the building was used as a school.


Listing NGR: SP8752443877

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.