This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2062 / 52°12'22"N
Longitude: 0.1161 / 0°6'58"E
OS Eastings: 544698
OS Northings: 258556
OS Grid: TL446585
Mapcode National: GBR L79.L5W
Mapcode Global: VHHK2.YTR2
Plus Code: 9F426448+FF
Entry Name: Trinity College, Bishop's Hostel
Listing Date: 26 April 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125498
English Heritage Legacy ID: 47270
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Cambridge
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Cambridge St Mary the Great with St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 4458 NE 3/294 26.4.50.
Built by Dr John Hackett, Bishop of Lichfield 1669-1671. The building
is of brick, 2 storeys high, with projecting wings and hipped roofs of
tiles. Restored by A W Blomfield 1874-78. Brick plinth, stone quoins
and plat band at 1st floor level; plaster coved eaves cornice. C19 windows,
hipped late C18 dormers. 3 bay frontage with Ionic centrepiece. Stone
over doorway inscribed Bishop's Hostel 1670. The interior has been modernised,
but 2 original staircases and some bolection moulded panelling and other
fittings survive. (RCHM).
Listing NGR: TL4469858556
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings