This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6137 / 51°36'49"N
Longitude: -0.8789 / 0°52'43"W
OS Eastings: 477723
OS Northings: 191133
OS Grid: SU777911
Mapcode National: GBR C3V.SPZ
Mapcode Global: VHDW2.QP7T
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 21 June 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125709
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46690
Location: Hambleden, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, RG9
Civil Parish: Hambleden
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Fingest
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 79 SE FINGEST AND LANE END FINGEST
3/38 The Old Rectory
House. C17 cross wing to right, refaced C18; remainder rebuilt c.1730
(after terrier of 1707, before that of 1736); C20 extensions to rear.
C18 part is of red and vitreous brick with red dressings and dentil eaves;
C17 wing has brick facing to front gable and left return, part rendered and
whitewashed, and flint with brick dressings to remainder. Old tile roofs,
the C18 part with 2 narrow parallel roofs. C17 brick chimney between wings,
another brick chimney to left. L-plan. 2 storeys. C18 part has 4-bay
fenestration: ground floor has narrow 2-pane sashes in moulded box frames
with segmental heads; first floor has C20 single barred wooden casements.
6-panelled door in third bay with wooden architrave frame and segmental
pediment on reeded brackets. Lower cross wing projects to right with
2-light casements in gable end, the lower wood, the upper half leaded, half
cast iron. Right side has 2 bays of 3-light leaded casements and central
old board door in gabled timber porch. Interior has timber framing
with diagonal bracing in right wing, and c.1730 staircase with turned
balusters and moulded handrail.
Listing NGR: SU7772691136
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings