This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6215 / 51°37'17"N
Longitude: -0.8437 / 0°50'37"W
OS Eastings: 480142
OS Northings: 192041
OS Grid: SU801920
Mapcode National: GBR C3W.9HW
Mapcode Global: VHDW3.BH9T
Entry Name: Finings
Listing Date: 21 June 1955
Last Amended: 22 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125710
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46691
Location: Lane End, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP14
Civil Parish: Lane End
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Lane End
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 89 SW FINGEST AND LANE END FININGS ROAD
4/39 Finings (formerly listed as
House. Late C17-C18, altered and extended early C19. Flint with narrow
brick dressings to lower walls, upper storey raised in red and
vitreous brick, partly chequered, early C19, Tile-hung left gable,
rendered right gable. Old tile roof, central square brick chimney.
2 storeys, 2 bays. Off-set plinth, narrow band course just above
ground floor windows. C20 3-light leaded casements, those to ground
floor with segmental arches of header brick, those to first floor
with gauged heads. Central brick projection of c.1840, formerly a
porch, of 2 storeys with shaped gable and 2-light leaded casements.
Upper window has Tudor hoodmould, lower is in blocked doorway with
4-centred arch and Tudor dripmould. Single storey flint and brick
extension to left, altered C20; early C19 flint and brick wing set back
at angle to right, with hipped roof, l½ storeys, C20 leaded casements, and
C20 door to right.
Listing NGR: SU8014292041
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings