This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7523 / 51°45'8"N
Longitude: -0.7898 / 0°47'23"W
OS Eastings: 483634
OS Northings: 206649
OS Grid: SP836066
Mapcode National: GBR D3Q.53T
Mapcode Global: VHDVK.8790
Entry Name: Lady Dodds Cottages
Listing Date: 21 June 1955
Last Amended: 26 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125883
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46280
Location: Ellesborough, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP17
Civil Parish: Ellesborough
Built-Up Area: Ellesborough
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Ellesborough
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 80 NW ELLESBOROUGH CHURCH HILL
2/12 Lady Dodd's Cottages
(formerly listed as
Almshouses to South of Church)
Block of 4 almshouses, formerly 8. Dated 1746 on plaque, altered C20. Founded
by Lady Isabella Dodd for the maintenance of 4 old men and 4 old women.
Vitreous-brown brick with red brick dressings and vertical strips.
Rendered plinth, eaves with narrow brick dentils. Hipped old tile
roof with 3 gables to north and slates over central bay to south. 3
brick chimneys. One storey, approximately 3 x 2 bays. Irregular C20
leaded casements, C20 door to centre of N. side. S. side has
taller central bay with shallow gable containing round inscription
plaque. This bay also has paired casements with segmental heads
flanking central flush-panelled door with C19 gabled timber porch.
Interior modernised C20.
Listing NGR: SP8363406649
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings