This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2191 / 52°13'8"N
Longitude: 0.1281 / 0°7'41"E
OS Eastings: 545476
OS Northings: 260006
OS Grid: TL454600
Mapcode National: GBR L73.WRM
Mapcode Global: VHHK3.5HL6
Entry Name: Roger Ascham School Double Classroom
Listing Date: 13 August 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1126001
English Heritage Legacy ID: 47932
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB4
Electoral Ward/Division: West Chesterton
Built-Up Area: Cambridge
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Chesterton The Good Shepherd
Church of England Diocese: Ely
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 15/11/2016
TL 46 SE
Roger Ascham School: Double Classroom
Classrooms of open-air school. 1927 by G.W Teasdale, borough architect. Flemish bond red brick with hipped plain tile roof with deep eaves.
Plan: Rectangular plan double classrooms, detached and with south front and east and west sides glazed with large opening windows; folding partition between classrooms. Later C20 extension attached to north east.
Exterior: Single storey. 6-bay south front with large glazed double doors in bays 2 and 5 and large 4-light folding windows with glazing bars in bays 1, 3, 4 and 6. Brick risers below windows, brick corner piers and wooden posts between the bays. The sides have large 6-light folding windows with glazing bars and top lights. Later C20 extension at back on right North East.
Interior: Panelled folding partition with panelled and glazed door between the two classrooms. Parquet floor.
Listing NGR: TL4547660006
Other nearby listed buildings