This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2078 / 52°12'28"N
Longitude: 0.1183 / 0°7'5"E
OS Eastings: 544837
OS Northings: 258737
OS Grid: TL448587
Mapcode National: GBR L79.DQW
Mapcode Global: VHHK3.0RCV
Entry Name: The Divinity School
Listing Date: 18 May 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1126274
English Heritage Legacy ID: 47294
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2
Electoral Ward/Division: Market
Built-Up Area: Cambridge
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Cambridge St Andrew the Great
Church of England Diocese: Ely
THE DIVINITY SCHOOL
(St John's Street)
TL 4458 NE 3/415 18.5.67.
1878-9. By Basil Champneys. Neo-Tudor. Brick with stone dressings.
Good details and carving. 2 storeys, main hall with two cross-wings.
4 bay screen entrance with buttresses behind and pinnacles with crowns.
Ground floor has three light lattice windows, traceried windows to the
hall. Staircases inside have attenuated columns and vaults. Bronze doors
by Fred Thrupp, 1888, with George Herbert scenes, no longer in use. Professors'
rooms have good Art-nouveau fireplaces.
Listing NGR: TL4483758737
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings