This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5726 / 52°34'21"N
Longitude: -0.2431 / 0°14'35"W
OS Eastings: 519159
OS Northings: 298643
OS Grid: TL191986
Mapcode National: GBR HZP.RBJ
Mapcode Global: WHHNK.7LGN
Entry Name: Old Guild Hall
Listing Date: 7 February 1952
Last Amended: 7 May 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1126990
English Heritage Legacy ID: 49597
Location: Peterborough, PE1
County: City of Peterborough
Electoral Ward/Division: Central
Built-Up Area: Peterborough
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Peterborough St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
Old Guild Hall
(Formerly listed under
TL 1998 NW 1/36 7.2.52.
Dated 1671. Restored 1929. Stone. Hipped stone slate roof. Coved eaves
cornice. 2 storeys and attics. 2 gabled dormers, leaded lights. The ground
floor is open with round-headed arches with shield-shaped keystones, one
dated. 4-light mullion and transom windows, casements with leaded lights
in moulded frames. Centre window flanked by narrow pilasters. Gable on
east elevation has Royal Arms on panel. Built by John Lovin, who restored
the Bishop's Palace after'the Interregnum. RN. NMR.
The Greyhound Hotel, The Bell & Oak Hotel, Old Guild Hall & Church of
St John the Baptist, Church Street form a group.
Listing NGR: TL1915998643
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings