This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.358 / 52°21'28"N
Longitude: 0.1489 / 0°8'55"E
OS Eastings: 546432
OS Northings: 275503
OS Grid: TL464755
Mapcode National: GBR L5L.2H1
Mapcode Global: VHHJB.JZKQ
Entry Name: Three Kings Inn
Listing Date: 18 August 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1127011
English Heritage Legacy ID: 49546
Location: Haddenham, East Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB6
District: East Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Haddenham
Built-Up Area: Haddenham
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Haddenham Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 4675 HADDENHAM STATION ROAD
19/18 Three Kings Inn
Inn. Early C17. Some alterations of late C17 and early C18. Timber framed,
rendered and partly cased with red and gault brick. English bond particularly
to gable ends. Red pantile roof formerly thatched with ridge stack between
front and rear ranges and subsidiary stacks to gable ends. L-plan having
crosswing at south end. Cellar, two storeys and lofts. Front elevation
altered in C20. The carriageway at the north end has been blocked and a
doorway to the crosswing is now partly glazed. Three first floor hung sashes,
flush frame in open boxing. The rear wing is of two bays, possibly medieval.
Originally of one storey. The roof was raised and first floor added in C17.
Timber frame is here cased in early C17-early C18 brick painted at ground
floor and gable end rendered at first floor. Interior: Front range of two
bays with two bay crosswing. Heavy ceiling frame of stop chamfered joists and
main beams. Reset above the bar are ovolo moulded beams. An inglenook hearth
is now blocked but one to the south side of the crosswing is exposed. The
front wall has been rebuilt at ground floor. There is a cellar which is red
brick lined and vaulted with a drain or passage (now blocked) leading to the
north. The cellar extends beyond the former carriageway. At first floor some
of the framing with jowled heads to the posts and chamfered wall plates is
exposed. There is a c.1700 bolection moulded fireplace to a first floor
chamber and some reset panelling including some of run through type to a door.
The rear wing is also framed. On the north side of the inglenook a corner
post remaining from the single storey building is visible. It has a thickened
head and the tie beam and a wall plate, now cased, are also visible. Later in
C17 the inglenook and the ceiling and first floor were inserted. The roof
over the front range and south crosswing is of conventional side purlin type
and that over the rear wing also C17 but of staggered butt purlin.
Listing NGR: TL4643275503
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings