History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

13, High Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Over, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3162 / 52°18'58"N

Longitude: 0.0183 / 0°1'5"E

OS Eastings: 537669

OS Northings: 270598

OS Grid: TL376705

Mapcode National: GBR K4G.RG5

Mapcode Global: VHHJN.81HP

Entry Name: 13, High Street

Listing Date: 14 September 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1127307

English Heritage Legacy ID: 50848

Location: Over, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB24

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Over

Built-Up Area: Over

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Over St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Over

Listing Text

TL 3770 OVER HIGH STREET
(South West Side)

10/101 No. 13

II


House. Early C18 with kitchen wing of 1771. Clear red facing
bricks to front wall with red and some yellow brick to end
walls. English bond. C20 tiles to steeply pitched roof with
end parapets on kneelers and brick dentil eaves cornice.
Original end stacks of yellow gault brick with red brick
rustication to quoins. Single range plan. Two storeys and
symmetrical elevation. Central doorway with original flat
canopy with moulded cornice on scroll brackets. Door of four
raised and fielded panels with two small glazed upper panels.
Two flanking C19 hung sashes with lowered sills but original
cambered arches of alternating burnt and red brickwork. Plain
band of three bricks between storeys. First floor has two
window openings and a third central blind window. Two of the
arches are original and similar to that at ground floor, and the
sills have also been lowered, except for that of the blind
window. There is a tradesmen's doorway at right hand. A
kitchen wing was added at the rear in 1771. Brick with tiled
roof. Interior: There are some raised and fielded panelled
doors, and an early C19 staircase with square section balusters.
The original plan of two rooms on either side of a central hall
and stairbay remains unaltered.


Listing NGR: TL3766970598

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.