This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5928 / 52°35'34"N
Longitude: -0.4217 / 0°25'18"W
OS Eastings: 507008
OS Northings: 300616
OS Grid: TF070006
Mapcode National: GBR FWM.G5Q
Mapcode Global: WHGMB.H3D3
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 24 February 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1127496
English Heritage Legacy ID: 50403
Location: Thornhaugh, Peterborough, PE8
County: City of Peterborough
Civil Parish: Thornhaugh
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Thornhaugh and Wansford
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
5141 THORNHAUGH RUSSELL HILL
The Old Rectory
TF 0600 44/609
Large mid C17 stone house with late C19 additions of 1878. Coursed stone
with freestone dressings. Steeply pitched hipped Collyweston stone roof.
Band at floor level. Two storeys and attic. Original house 5 bays with 2-
light moulded stone mullion/transom windows in stone architraves. Central
doorway with moulded stone architrave and rectangular fanlight, and C19 glazed
door. Two small hipped dormers. Ashlar stacks with cornices. Round headed
stair window at rear.
Late C19 addition to right (north-east), stone with hipped Collyweston slate
roof with higher eaves, large 2 storey porch with hipped roof and round arched
doorway, stone mullion/transom windows.
Interior of original part contains a dog leg staircase with moulded string
and rail and has turned balusters and square newels. Most rooms have moulded
plaster cornices, some have chimney pieces with dog ear architraves, ground
floor rooms have plain panelling, ball has moulded arch with keyblock.
Listing NGR: TF0700800616
Other nearby listed buildings