History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

110, High Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Melbourn, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0788 / 52°4'43"N

Longitude: 0.0122 / 0°0'44"E

OS Eastings: 537991

OS Northings: 244179

OS Grid: TL379441

Mapcode National: GBR K7C.PWR

Mapcode Global: VHHKT.50BQ

Entry Name: 110, High Street

Listing Date: 18 October 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1127573

English Heritage Legacy ID: 52216

Location: Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, SG8

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Melbourn

Built-Up Area: Melbourn

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Melbourn

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Melbourn

Listing Text

MELBOURN HIGH STREET
TL 34 SE
(North west side)
9/165
No. 110
GV II


Cottage, formerly stable range associated with No. 108 (Old Manor House)
restored and extended c.1740 and mid-C20. Red and burnt brick, Flemish bond
with steeply pitched tiled roof, plain eaves cornice and tumbled end parapet
to road carried on kneelers. Brick ridge stack rebuilt. End to road. One
storey and attic. Originally the principal openings were in the north wall.
These have been blocked and the principal front is now on the south side.
Four gable dormers. Scattered mid C20 casements with small panes. The end
to the road has the initials M.H. (Mary Hatton) in burnt brick headers partly
removed by one of two C19, twelve pane hung sashes. The north wall has
diaper pattern brickwork and three original window and stable door openings
in segmental arches. These openings are now blocked. The stables were
probably built by Dame Mary Hatton, widow of Sir John Hatton, who retired to
The Old Manor House after the death of her husband in 1740.

V.C.H. Cambs. Vol. VIII


Listing NGR: TL3799144179

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.