History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Abington, Cambridgeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1193 / 52°7'9"N

Longitude: 0.2343 / 0°14'3"E

OS Eastings: 553068

OS Northings: 249135

OS Grid: TL530491

Mapcode National: GBR M9Y.02R

Mapcode Global: VHHKK.0ZQP

Entry Name: The Old Vicarage

Listing Date: 30 September 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1127655

English Heritage Legacy ID: 52011

Location: Little Abington, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Little Abington

Built-Up Area: Little Abington

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Great and Little Abington

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Hildersham

Listing Text

TL 5249 LITTLE ABINGTON CHURCH LANE
(South Side)

9/30 No. 33
(The Old Vicarage)

II


House formerly the vicarage. Early C18 with late C18 remodelling and
extension of an original timber-framed building with cross wing to west;
additional north range and extension to east c.1810 and late C19 extensions
to west. Brick, stuccoed with imitation masonry lines. Slate roofs; (roof
to cross wing formerly plain tiled). Two storeys with cellar and half cellar
to dairy. North facing elevation: Three unequal 'bays' with four-flush-
panelled door and rectangular fanlight in doorcase with panelled reveals;
two first floor and one ground floor twelve-paned recessed hung sash windows
and one similar but wider hung sash window to right hand. One early C18 hung
sash window in east elevation; in south elevation late C18 windows with
glazing bars forming pointed arches; good early C19 cast iron open verandah
with pierced cornice and slender posts. Interior: Details early C19, an
elliptical fanlight to inner door of staircase hall, C19 chimney pieces and
doors. Some C18 two-panelled doors. The vicarage was reconstructed c.1810
by the vicar and c.1830 Queen Anne's Bounty lent ?327 for similar
rebuilding. The vicarage was sold in 1961.

V.C.H., Vol. VI, pl5


Listing NGR: TL5306849135

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Book cover links are generated automatically from the sources. They are not necessarily always correct, as book names at Amazon may not be quite the same as those used referenced in the text.

Source title links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.