History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Block 20 Yards West of Hatley Park

A Grade II Listed Building in Hatley, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1425 / 52°8'32"N

Longitude: -0.138 / 0°8'16"W

OS Eastings: 527517

OS Northings: 250990

OS Grid: TL275509

Mapcode National: GBR J52.MXW

Mapcode Global: VHGMW.KDFX

Entry Name: Stable Block 20 Yards West of Hatley Park

Listing Date: 3 September 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1128155

English Heritage Legacy ID: 52763

Location: Hatley, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, SG19

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Hatley

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Gamlingay St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
East Hatley

Listing Text

HATLEY HATLEY ST GEORGE
TL 25SE (South side)

4/100
Stable block 20 yards
west of Hatley Park

GV II

Stable block round a courtyard. Early C18 but mainly c.1879. Red brick, plain
tiled roofs with glazed timber cupola, recently restored, rising to a tapering,
slender roof of patterned slates and lead. On the west side a timber clock
turret with bell shaped roof and symmetrical turned columns at the corners.
Clock with Roman numerals is dated 1879 by Dent. Ranges round an irregular
rectangular yard. Flanking the entrance on the north side are cottages for
domestic staff. Two storeys with shaped brackets to the eaves of the half
hipped roofs. Round headed arches to the windows with a pivot light in the
arch. In the south wall, there is early C18 brickwork and a window arch of
same date. In 1879 the house was owned by John Carbery Evans.

RCHM: West Cambs mon (3)
VCH: Cambs vol V p107


Listing NGR: TL2751750990

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.