This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1557 / 52°9'20"N
Longitude: -0.1858 / 0°11'8"W
OS Eastings: 524208
OS Northings: 252372
OS Grid: TL242523
Mapcode National: GBR J4T.V5F
Mapcode Global: VHGMV.Q2MS
Entry Name: 6, Church End
Listing Date: 3 September 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1128170
English Heritage Legacy ID: 52701
Location: Gamlingay, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, SG19
District: South Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Gamlingay
Built-Up Area: Gamlingay
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Gamlingay St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Ely
GAMLINGAY CHURCH END
TL 2452 (South east side)
Cottage. Circa 1700, C18-C19 and late C20 renovation. Timber frame on brick
and rubblestone plinth with roughcast rendered walls. Original pitch to roof
now with modern pantiles, and formerly thatched. At north east end an
original single flue stack, rebuilt above the ridge. Two bays extended by one
bay to south west C18-C19. One storey and attic. On the front two windows,
including a horizontal sliding sash. Two brick steps with stone treads to
doorway. Two swept dormers to rear pitch and two modern metal ground floor
windows. At south west end, C18-C19 extension of one bay. Probably for a
barn. Timber-framed, originally weatherboarded now rendered and modern tiled.
At rear a late C20 short wing. Interior: some exposed framing of slender
scantling. Original partition walls. Red brick hearth with some disturbance
to the brickwork above the lintel.
RCHM: West Cambs mon (54)
Listing NGR: TL2420852372
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings