This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3325 / 53°19'57"N
Longitude: -2.7953 / 2°47'43"W
OS Eastings: 347134
OS Northings: 382031
OS Grid: SJ471820
Mapcode National: GBR 8YXX.M3
Mapcode Global: WH87Q.1H5K
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 28 January 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1130454
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55963
Location: Hale, Halton, L24
Civil Parish: Hale
Built-Up Area: Hale
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: St Mary Hale
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
SJ 48 SE HALE C.P. CHURCH ROAD
4/9 Church of St.Mary
Parish church 1754 with C14 west tower, rebuilt internally 1981. Red
sandstone ashlar with slate roof rectangular plan in five bays.
Square tower with corner buttresses and crenellations. Boarded oak
door in gothic opening with drip mould and simple geometrical window
above. Also curvilinear louvre windows to all faces at bell stage.
Windows to the body of the church round headed with springing blocks
and keystones and leaded light glazing but the chancel gable window is
Venetian in form glazed in large squares.
Interior Georgian west gallery on 2 Tuscan stone columns. A close
boarded polished chestnut roof divided into panels by cross beams and
with large timber side coves replaces the original open timber roof
destroyed by fire in 1977.
Listing NGR: SJ4713482031
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings