This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.165 / 53°9'53"N
Longitude: -2.8063 / 2°48'22"W
OS Eastings: 346191
OS Northings: 363397
OS Grid: SJ461633
Mapcode National: GBR 7F.4NTF
Mapcode Global: WH88G.VQV1
Entry Name: Church House Farmhouse
Listing Date: 30 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1130613
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55537
Location: Waverton, Cheshire West and Chester, CH3
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Waverton
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Waverton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 46 SE WAVERTON C.P. THE VILLAGE
2/27 Church House Farmhouse
Farmhouse: c.1880 by John Douglas for the 1st Duke of Westminster.
English garden wall bond orange brick with muted diapering. Red
sandstone dressings. Stone-coped, kneelered and finialled red tile
roof. 3 brick chimneys. 3-storey, 3-bay north front. Stone plinth,
quoins and moulded bands at sill and lintel levels. Dentil brick band
in top storey, stone copings, kneelers and finials. Central bay has
projecting gabled 3-storey porch with basket arched stone entrance
with moulded imposts. Half-glazed door and panels behind. 3-light
stone mullions above. Left end bay has pairs of similar windows in
ground and first floors and a single window in a coped gabled dormer
above. Simpler fenestration to right. All windows have applied lead
glazing. Extensive service range to rear.
Interior: Room to left of entrance has oak fire surround and panelled
fitted dresser. 4-panelled doors. Cheese oven with steel doors
behind kitchen fireplace.
An interesting neo-vernacular design whose detailing is strangely
sombre for Douglas.
Listing NGR: SJ4619163397
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings