This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.3128 / 54°18'45"N
Longitude: -1.9233 / 1°55'23"W
OS Eastings: 405087
OS Northings: 490800
OS Grid: SE050908
Mapcode National: GBR HL0K.DR
Mapcode Global: WHB5K.FVCM
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 13 February 1967
Last Amended: 24 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1130873
English Heritage Legacy ID: 321812
Location: Redmire, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL8
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Redmire
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
SE 09 SE REDMIRE CHURCH LANE
6/69 Church of St. Mary
13/2/67 (Formerly listed as Church of
St. Mary,Wood End Lane)
Church. C12. Rubble, flat roof of church not visible. Nave, chancel,
south porch, north vestry. C20 porch with Welsh slate roof. Nave: quoins.
Romanesque south doorway of one order with diapers on shafts and chevrons to
arch and blank typanum. 3 lancet windows, blocked gallery window.
Gargoyle. Parapet. Simple bellcote to west gable. Chancel: blocked
priest's door, mass dial, 2 lancet windows, corbel, gargoyle, parapet.
Flat-headed east window with 2 trefoiled lights. Attached to east wall,
tombstone of Hannah Hanson, d. 1812 aged 105 years. Stone slate roof to
vestry. Interior: fragment of Romanesque scroll frieze high up in north-
west corner. C15 flat roof with chamfered beams. Romanesque octagonal font
on round base. Memorial tablet on north wall to Thomas Other Esq. of Elm
House (q.v.) d. 1834, and Jane his wife, the eldest daughter of Edward
Lister Esq. of Coverham Abbey (q.v.) d. 1829. Royal coat of arms of 1720.
Listing NGR: SE0508790800
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings