This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.7816 / 53°46'53"N
Longitude: -1.0716 / 1°4'17"W
OS Eastings: 461269
OS Northings: 432093
OS Grid: SE612320
Mapcode National: GBR NSYQ.S4
Mapcode Global: WHFD2.H6XT
Entry Name: Selby College of Further Education the Shipbuilding Department
Listing Date: 14 November 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1132556
English Heritage Legacy ID: 325809
Location: Selby, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Selby
Built-Up Area: Selby
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Selby St James
Church of England Diocese: York
1. (west side)
Selby College of
Further Education: the
SE 6132 SW 4/118
1811. Formerly the Subscription School. Brown brick. Hipped pantiled roof.
Two storeys. Brick modillioned eaves cornice. One bay front: first floor Venetian
window with intersecting glazing bars. Two four-panelled doors with semi-circular
fanlights. Ashlar plaque inscribed "School. BUILT BY SUBSCRIPTION. 1811".
The principal promoters of the Subscription School were William Massey and James
Audus the younger, the prominent local benefactor.
Listing NGR: SE6126932093
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings