This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7816 / 53°46'53"N
Longitude: -1.785 / 1°47'6"W
OS Eastings: 414261
OS Northings: 431718
OS Grid: SE142317
Mapcode National: GBR JBP.8Y
Mapcode Global: WHC9G.K66S
Entry Name: Great Horton Methodist Church
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133136
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336474
Location: Bradford, BD7
Electoral Ward/Division: Great Horton
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Great Horton St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 GREAT HORTON ROAD BD7
Great Horton Methodist Church
SE 1431 NW 5O/537
A substantial church set well back from road. Built in 1814, renovated, and
evidently refronted, 1862. Fine quality sandstone ashlar with pompous temple
elevation. Tetrastyle giant Corinthian portico in antis; quoin pilasters to one
window flanking bays surmounted by ornate swagged handle urns above mutuled cornice
of deep entablature. Large bracketed pediment above portico, containing date
cartouche in scrolled surround with anthemion crest; crowning anthemion acroterion.
Flanking bays have segmental arched windows in eared architrave surrounds on ground
floor pilaster framed first floor windows with segmental pediments. Wall in antis
has archivolt arched windows, sill band and panelled aprons; 3 archivolt arched
doorways with console keystones. One bay quoin pilastered returns with similar
fenestration to end bays of front. The rest of side window archivolt arched. The
interior has been modernised.
Listing NGR: SE1425231670
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings