This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.8495 / 53°50'58"N
Longitude: -1.7614 / 1°45'40"W
OS Eastings: 415796
OS Northings: 439280
OS Grid: SE157392
Mapcode National: GBR JR4X.GS
Mapcode Global: WHC92.XHFQ
Entry Name: 27 and 27a, Station Road
Listing Date: 23 August 1979
Last Amended: 18 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133414
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337890
Location: Baildon, Bradford, BD17
Civil Parish: Baildon
Built-Up Area: Baildon
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Baildon St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE1539SE BAILDON STATION ROAD
12/38 Nos 27 and 27A
House, sometimes known as Elmfield, now 2 residences. Initialled
and dated " JAL 1715 " (John and Anne Lambert). Hammer-dressed
stone, stone slate roof. 2 storeys, five 1st-floor windows, added
1st-floor chamber to left. Quoins. Segmental archway to left end.
To right of archway is mid-C20 wood and glass extension; blocked
doorway with composite jambs the lintel inscribed " WBAD 1593 "
(William Baildon). Inserted doorway with wood and glass gabled porch
with to either side early C20 tripartite sashed windows. All 1st-floor
windows have recessed flat-faced mullions and roll-moulded surrounds
of 4 lights, 4 lights, 2 lights (the lintel inscribed with date),
3 lights and 2 lights. Plain gutter brackets, coped gables with kneelers
and stacks. 2 other stacks to ridge. Rear has similar windows to
front of 2 and 3 lights and two 3-light double-chamfered mullioned
windows to 1st floor. Single-storey kitchen wing at right angles
has tall gable stack. Right-hand return has 6-light window (blocked)
and two 2-light chamfered mullioned windows, one inscribed " DAIRY ".
Archway leads from back to front and has 3 stop-chamfered spine beams
and floor joists supporting oak floor.
Interior: housebody has segmental-arched fireplace with ogee moulding
and scarf-jointed spine beams indicating the former existence of a
bressumer and firehood. Chamber above has 2 fine C18 semicircular-
arched cupboards with triple keystone and raised and fielded panelled
doors which slide sideways into the depth of the wall. A plaster
cornice matches that on cupboard. This room,which has inner porch,
was probably a lst-floor drawing room. Other rooms retain earlier
oak-panelled doors of C16 character.
Listing NGR: SE1579639280
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings