This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.9441 / 53°56'38"N
Longitude: -1.8823 / 1°52'56"W
OS Eastings: 407824
OS Northings: 449781
OS Grid: SE078497
Mapcode National: GBR HQ9T.9X
Mapcode Global: WHC8N.14Y7
Entry Name: Mount Hermon Wesleyan Reform Chapel
Listing Date: 25 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133431
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337824
Location: Addingham, Bradford, LS29
Civil Parish: Addingham
Built-Up Area: Addingham
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Addingham St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE0749 ADDINGHAM C.P. MAIN STREET,
8/94 Mount Hermon
G V II
Chapel. Dated 1861. Dressed stone front, rubble sides and rear,
stone slate roof. 2 storeys. 3-bay symmetrical facade with
pedimented gable fronts street. Rusticated quoins. Doorway with
Doric pilasters, entablature and cornice, semicircular-arched
head with impost and keystone. Glazed fanlight. To either side
semicircular-arched windows with rusticated voussoirs and keystone.
3 arched windows to 1st floor with linking impost band. Moulded
coped gable and band forming triangular pediment, the tympanum with
date plaque. Rear has 3 bays of windows, segmental-arched, to ground
floor, semicircular-arched to 1st floor. Side walls have 3 bays of
similar windows. 2 stacks.
Interior: Ground floor forms Sunday School with stage and cast-iron
columns supporting lst-floor hall which retains original pine furniture.
Ceiling has 4 foliated plaster light bosses surrounding larger central
boss. A simple town-chapel prominently situated.
Listing NGR: SE0782449781
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings